Launching My New Website
As the saying goes “all good things come to an end”
For a long number of years, I used my own name as the core of my online presence. Starting out learning how to blog I used my own name not out of an ego
However, over the years out in the fields online, some rather obvious things began to strike me:
- Local business owners have great intentions when it comes to online marketing but no Time, in reality, to actually spare to do and learn it all.
- Many realistically cannot afford to hire a full-time online marketer or social media manager.
- Many business owners struggle to compose content or video to upload.
- Many local businesses have a 5-page website and think the world will care. They won’t.
- Many use social media with little planning or consistency or indeed focus on the wrong platform.
- Therefore there are advantages for a business to using freelance and virtual workers as this market is growing fast.
- Because this market is growing and I have devoted my time to learn new skills that I can offer a local business.
According to the Association of Independent Professionals and the Self-Employed, this burgeoning segment made up 41
Back to the reasons why I have launched a new website:
Over the years I managed a number of social media accounts both short-term and long-term. It strikes me looking back that rarely did I actually really need to meet the client in person to do the job – meetings having cups of tea and chats about the weather were of no benefit to me or the client apart from putting a face to the job.
I have to admit that for me being stuck in traffic means lost valuable time which could have been spent productively actually creating content as opposed to sitting in a car. I am delighted to say that for me now ………no more time crawling in traffic to go from A to B. No more waste of time meetings where a business owner might be stressing out over a late delivery or a staff shortage or everyday things ……that just get in the way- such that focus is lost.
It is easier to do business with a relaxed business owner engaging online with me at times of our mutual choosing.
Hence a few years ago I changed the focus of my business to operating totally online – as a virtual assistant and content creator. It has worked for me and indeed clients now recognize that they can simply pass on their ideas and let me figure out what to do online for them. Or I create the idea and content and business owners focus on different parts of their business . Because of this I have in fact gained clients who I have not needed to meet offline at all. The time has come to let my website reflect what I really am-a freelancer and virtual assistant and I am feeling positive about this change for my business. Hence I created yourvirtualassistantonline.com andI will move on from rosemaryoshaughnessy.com. and I thank all of you who have engaged and supported me through that site.
Why Hire A Freelancer or VA?
@WicklowHour on Twitter on 12th
Social Video Will Really Help Your Twitter Account Using Social Video is an important way to get yourself noticed on Twitter Feeds. The reality today is that social media users are bombarded with information causing them to scan rather than read- as a first impulse....